(I don't know who these people are, or even what decade it's supposed to be, but they look like they're having fun.)
Well, it's been a swift and fascinating year. 2011 has flown by faster than I would have ever imagined.
I have gone to Morrisons (I don't want to talk about it) to get our chips n dip etc etc etc to bring to the New Year's Eve party at our friends' house tonight. The salad bar was out of everything. This is how popular food shopping is on New Year's Eve. Perhaps it helps that it is a Saturday, when the entire world comes out of the woodwork to buy 2 for 1 deals and suchlike. Like myself.
I thought it would be fun to present to you, my loyal readers, a Best Of 2011.
10. Swimming in the Sheffield Public Pool. Embarassing but calorie-burning.
9. Having an open discussion - with myself - about the goods and bads of the Amazon Kindle.
8. Actually taking the time to count how many shoes I have. And realizing I need more. MORE. MOOORE!!!
7. Coming to terms with the creative writing process (and the toll it takes on your loved ones).
6. Getting my first rejection from a query. It would lead to many, many more. This is good, because, well, because I'm an optimist.
5. Printing up Ashbourne Hauntings for my beta readers to read and actually handing it to them. It's so hard to let go.
4. Having real-live author Brad Land write a comment on my blog post about his book, Goat (and my tattoo).
3. Getting my first full manuscript request.
2. Getting my second full manuscript request.
1. Having NINE followers in this blog's first year!! Wow people you are the BEST!!! Please spread the word. C'mon, we can get into double digits in 2012!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!! *Cyber high fives all around*
You, my tenacious minions, have made this year great. Thank you for stepping into my little Reading Room. I'm the one there greeting you at the door. Remember, food and drinks ARE allowed (and encouraged). Thank you for following my blog. I hope you have enjoyed it. Look out for more (often hilarious) adventures in 2012!
Have a safe and happy New Year and I look forward to seeing you soon!!