Listening to: SpongeBob Squarepants on TV - and Jellybean hiccupping
Outside: Hmm not sure. Cold?
So today I'm a little more awake than I've been for the past two weeks. Last night my little Jellybean let us sleep for four hour stretches. It was like all my Christmases come at once.
|Nothing, I mean nothing beats an Alf. Except of course for sleep. Precious, precious sleep.|
Today I want to tell you what I've been missing since I've worked full-time for the past several years:
- Sleeping in till 10:30 (I know it doesn't really count since I was up from 5:45 to 7:45 expressing, sterilizing, feeding and changing a nappy and rocking my little one back to sleep)
- A daily dose of SpongeBob Squarepants on Viva.
- Deciding to get dressed *if I want to*
- Getting Christmas presents wrapped during daylight on a weekday - of course, not that we're doing Christmas this year, but these are a couple of sneaky presents for Jellybean pre-arranged with Santa
- Not wearing shoes. Oh, the freedom!
And now I know what it's like to meander around the house holding a baby. It's so refreshing to feed her in the slanting 11 am sunlight on a bright, early December morning. I read the book Small Pig by Arnold Lobel to her this afternoon and sent her right to sleep (but I like to think that she'll remember how Small Pig liked the nice, soft mud).
In conclusion, I no longer have a To-Do list.
I refuse to run around like a headless chicken - at least in this first month of my baby's life.
Sometimes it's difficult for me - the high-octane, go-getter, weekend-jogger extraordinaire - to sit still for so long. But little Jellybean needs me. Every feed and nappy change and cuddle brings me close to her, and that's where I need to be. So in essence, I have gotten pretty much nothing done today, but I've done the most important thing: kept my little one happy.
|Jellybean discovers Christmas for the first time.|
Happy Wednesday, all!