Saturday 26 January 2013

Play on, capellmeister!

Reading: Swimming Home by Deborah Levy
Editing: Drowning Rachel by me
Listening to: the buzz of my beloved's electric shaver
Outside: Crunchy, crunchy snow everywhere!

While I battle with a constant halo of winter-staticky hair, I am jumping all over the place on the inside.



Tonight, we are going to see the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. We are going to hear tragedy, heartbreak and hope by three of the top guys out there: Brahms, Chopin and Beethoven. I've never heard classical music in real life. I used to listen to a lot of Mozart on CD as a teenager.

Music's got such power - it can change the weather inside you. I loved to crank it up and just feel, you know? 

Listening live will be whole new experience.



Thanks, my better half, for this very thoughtful belated Christmas/Birthday present! I am ready to surrender myself to the scores that have inspired millions.

Wherever you are, loyal reader, whatever you're doing, remember item no. 2 on Jack Kerouac's List of Essentials: "Submissive to everything, open, listening." Let life happen to you one chord at a time.

Happy Saturday!



No comments:

Post a Comment