Saturday 28 April 2012

Kevin Spacey Night

Currently reading: Contact by Carl Sagan
Currently listening to: Dave chopping up onions
Current weather conditions: Breezy, cloudy, high of 48 (F), very, very minor sprinkles

Tonight!

Is Kevin Spacey Night.

In my list of All Time Favorite Actors, Kevin Spacey is very near the top, if not at the top.



Kevin Spacey. In black and white.


You may have seen him in such films as: Se7en, K-Pax, and American Beauty. Like Morgan Freeman, Kevin Spacey can play both the good and the bad guy, with flawless precision.

The thing I like most about Kevin Spacey is that he never tries too hard - his performance is always effortless, the focus to really be the character is always there and it seems everything else is just a second thought. He's got an every-man look about him, like you would never see him normally. You could walk past him in the grocery store without noticing. He's not drop-dead gorgeous. He's not blessed in the hair department. But he is a dedicated actor that has substance. You really believe who he is on screen.

Only Spacey can be a demented serial killer, a sexually frustrated balding suburban husband, and an alien from outer space who really likes fruit.

So, I guess, if I could meet anyone (except for Jesus and Abe Lincoln), anyone still living - I guess I would really want to meet Kevin Spacey. I am sure he would have a lot to say.

So tonight, we are having friends over for dinner, and we will celebrate Kevin Spacey on this cloudy Saturday. We will have an American-themed dinner consisting of cheeseburgers, curly fries, potato skins, cole slaw, and apple pie.

And then we will watch a Kevin Spacey movie.

Yay for Kevin Spacey!

Have a lovely Saturday, my loyal readers, no matter what (or whom) you are celebrating today.

2 comments:

  1. What about onion rings? :)

    I hope ya'll have fun tonight - it's still morning here and I had ...pizza for breakfast. It's healthy though. Swiss cheese and bob evans sausage. C'mon, that IS breakfast! Root beer too. haha.

    Anyway, enjoy your fantastic American cuisine this evening and the Kevin Spacey movies. :) I do agree with you on his resilience of playing different characters and believing his character's part. He was also in Pay It Forward too. :)

    Have fun!

    Summertime, is nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, we also had onion rings and they were terrific. Dave's Melty Cheeseburgers were a hit, and my potato skins were (incredibly) edible! I am really proud of us...

      I think pizza for breakfast is a very good idea.

      For breakfast this morning, I got out a box of Aunt Jemima pancake mix I got from an American Food shop, and it took me back to sleepover weekends and pancake batter-covered memories. It's strange how food does that.

      K-Pax was excellent, and I totally forgot about Pay It Forward. That's another really good one.

      Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

      Summertime, is nice.

      x

      Delete