Saturday 24 December 2011

Oooo shut DOOOOWN

The publishing industry titans... and me.


I have just been shut down in an extreme(ly elegant) way by my latest hopeful Big Fish in the Pond, the San Fran literary agency who requested my full manuscript just over a month ago.
And so. I am happy that:

1. They got back to me within a relatively short time frame.
2. I now have some good feedback and can really jump into the text headfirst to make it even better, now that I know what I'm doing with it (it is one person's opinion of course but still, that opinion is worth something).
3. I can sculpt this bad boy into something previously unimagined.
4. I can then go on to change the world, one book at a time.
5. It's time to chill out now and have some egg nog.

And so, if you're reading this, San Fran agency: thank you for being so blunt and honest with me. You are my Christmas miracle. There is no looking back - it distracts from the now.

Happy Holidays/Happy Hanukkah/Happy Kwanzaa/Merry Festivus/Merry Christmas (and be sure to leave plenty of whiskey next to the fireplace for good old St. Nick if this applies to you - he'll have a very busy night tonight)!







No comments:

Post a Comment