Saturday 17 December 2011

Christmas! It's almost upon us...

Naturally, I'm the sheep.


The above picture is evidence of more hale and hearty festivities in the workplace. It was Christmas Dress-Up Day and we had a male tranny Snow White (inspired by the Christmas Panto), and we had a Rudolph, complete with light-up antlers. We also had some Santas and Lady Santas, and even a woman dressed completely from head to toe in blue. It was a real sight. however, we decided to go Biblical. And so! The Nativity Scene came to life!

And so, me being as unorthodox as I am, I chose to go as the lamb. I had to follow my colleague Lynne around as she was the Shepherd, otherwise I would have truly gotten lost. We all had a smashing good time getting papped by office staff far and wide. We even had people from upstairs come down to behold the sight of a Lamb, King Herod, the Shepherd, Virgin Mary, Joseph and our new Beary Jesus (a teddy bear stand-in).

At home, the adventures continue. I have almost lost my dining room table underneath layers upon layers of wrapping paper, Christmas tinsel, and hand-made gift tags. I've had little bits of tape stuck to places you wouldn't believe, hours after having wrapped the latest batch of heartfelt gifts.



I'm hoping for a little bit of a Christmas miracle. Three, actually:

- That I get a book deal sometime within this lifetime
- That my toilet stops leaking
- That my boiler chooses to work consistently, especially when I need hot water (for such a trivial thing as a shower, for example) or when I need heat on a cold winter night.

I don't live on 34th Street, but I'm sure miracles aren't limited to just one residential district!

Have a fun Saturday, my little elves.


No comments:

Post a Comment