Sunday 10 April 2011

Tree.

Just off of Bentley Road. March 24, 2011

This was taken on my phone on my walk home from the train station (yes, I am a commuter) after a long day of work in advertising. I think sometimes, like James Dickey said, "I was selling my soul to the devil all day...and trying to buy it back at night." Taken just a few days before England cranked its clocks an hour forward to mark the beginning of British Summer Time, I caught a sunset that took my breath away.

You can spend all day trying to make some bucks influencing people to go with this plumber or buy from this windows retailer, and it can be exhaustive and rewarding work. But sometimes I just want to sit and watch the sunset. Does that mean I'm getting old?

Perhaps.

I just want to remind you, dear reader, to acknowledge those images that move you because most often it is those unexpected things that, leaving you breathless, breathe the life back into you.

No comments:

Post a Comment