Saturday 16 April 2011

It was a queer, sultry summer...

You guessed it! The first line from Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar is now staring you in the face.



I have just finished reading this book that one of my friends has loaned me and, of course, Plath does not disappoint. You can read the poet in her through this, her only novel, which was published only a couple of weeks before her suicide at the tender age of 30. Sometimes I wonder if this book is as much a work of fiction as it is her memoir. Sometimes.

I have also recentley watched a movie worth mentioning. It was based on a book by Jon Krakauer, called Into the Wild. It is a beautiful story and I have yet to read the book... but if it is anything like the film, it will be an amazing read. It is based on the true story of Chris McCandless and his tragic journey into the Alaskan wilderness.



In other news, I have happily spent a shiny Amazon gift certificate given to me by friends at Christmas. Finally decided what I want! There are so many books to choose from, and here are a few of the ones I chose to get cozy with:








Last but certainly not least.

Oh! Many happy days of reading ahead!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment