Saturday 22 January 2011

"Do you like it? It's Autumn Sunrise"

Primark scarf / Out of Print Clothing tee/  Roxy denim skirt / Primark 'Teal' tights / Primark faux leather shoes

Howdy folks! Just wanted to send a little springtime your way (even though it's winter, maybe this is wishful thinking [yeah, I don't know, it's a very seasonal type of blog post today - and for some reason I have lines from Ghost in my head. Hence the title.]), and show you what I recently acquired from my outing today. This was courtesy of a Christmas gift in the form of a Primark gift card from Mumsie, thank you!

Also, my Brave New World tee made possible by this site. I really love it and how much does it coordinate with everything? I know you don't need to go crazy with the coordination these days, not like when I was a Day-glo neon orange-cycle shorts-and-oversized-white-tee-with-hair-scrunchy bunched-on-the-side-clad kid. Now just about anything goes: circles and stripes, flowers and animals, diamante applique and lace; it's a veritable patchwork quilt of clothing that you can wear at work, at home, or on the go. And the more vintage, the better. I imagine fashion-obsessed people the world over are scrounging around in their grandmother's wardrobes right now, trying to uncover that most prized article of clothing: the actual vintage cardigan (and perhaps delightfully clashing fabric belt).


Which is why I find this one of the more tame outfit choices one can make. Never in a million years did I ever think I would be wearing flowery tights. Or even a gray denim skirt. With a tee shirt. Who knew? 


No comments:

Post a Comment