Sunday 16 December 2012

Happy holidays!

Reading: Umbrella by Will Self
Listening to: "Negative Thinking" by The Death Set
Outside: A balmy almost winter-eve. Our neighbour's Christmas lights glow with a certain finesse

Well, what a year it's been.



Top five moments of 2012 (ahem, drum roll please...):


5. I've written three new books. Chemical Love, Drowning Rachel, and Ash of Vesuvius (working title) now grace my memory stick and my ever-groaning shelves.



4. I've had several full manuscript requests by literary agents on both sides of the Atlantic.



3. I've had one ma-hooo-sive edit on one of my books, guided by suggestions from one of the best editors this side of the Milky Way, through Cornerstones Literary Consultancy, making my manuscript a living, breathing creature (you can really taste the ghost).



2. I've had one very beautiful acceptance letter written and delivered to me, by hand, in the form of a poem, in London on January 7, 2012. My wedding proposal. I said yes.


My better half and I back int' day, December 2006

And Number One... Our wedding day on October 19, 2012. I could not have imagined a better day, ever. The crisp autumn day, the dress, the flowers, the man of my dreams. It's almost too good!

My better half and I, on The Best Day Ever.
 
 
What a year!
 

And so, this is one last blog post before the new year.
 
In my journal, I wrote that this is the year it will all happen - and it certainly did!
 
My goal in the new year remains the same: to write, to read, and to find the agent of my dreams.
 
Meanwhile, I've got tinselling and wrapping, and mulled-wine drinking to do. I will be busy with bows and tags and Christmas movie watching. I'll sing the Charlie Brown song and believe in his little tree. I'll be dreaming of Christmases past, when magic was a Christmas tree lit up at night. Oh wait, it still is!
 
"Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen."
                                                                       - Bobby, age 7




Thank you for following my blog. You guys are the best!! Best wishes to all of you. Have a safe and happy holiday season.

See you in the New Year - and stay tuned. You never know what's around the corner.

And with that, I bid you farewell. From Doncaster in 2012, that's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment