Sunday 27 May 2012

Sunday

Currently reading: The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen
Currently listening to: "The Freshman" by The Verve Pipe
Current weather: BEAUTIFUL.

I am enjoying some sun.

Hersonissos, Crete, July 2010


Now that I have finished the first draft of my next book, I'm listening to a sobering song and remembering holidays past.

There is such a lightness in the air now that the weather has finally warmed - a week of sitting in an overhot office might make me just slightly off-color but now that I have the time to enjoy it, I feel like I actually am on holiday. People are walking a little looser, smiling a little easier, and garden work doesn't seem like quite such chore.  BBQ grills are fired up and the charcoal briquettes are sending up the tantilizing taste of burger smoke. The patio table has been cleaned of bird poo and the dust-tracks of winter rain. I am sitting down to write letters to long-neglected friends and distracting myself from the wait for the feedback from my beta readers.

For all my American readers, I hope you have a relaxing, safe and happy Memorial Day Weekend.

And for all my British readers, remember it's only a matter of days until the Spring Bank Holiday and the Queen's Diamond Jubilee - time to get that Union Jack bunting ready!


Happy Sunday, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment