Sunday 26 June 2011

Sunny Sunday


It is a whopping 82 degrees (28 degrees in UK money) and the sun has been shining nonstop today. I know. This is going to go down in history as A Great Summer Day in English history books. So I am worshipping it. And listening to the witty banter and the top ten on Hallam FM.

And while I'm doing this, I'm thinking about these words from novelist and life coach Jacqui Lofthouse:

"...having experienced the vagaries of the publishing world, I am beginning to understand that 'success' as a writer is not always about talent or hard work. It is about, most of all, self-belief, a self-belief that is rock solid, that can face rejection head-on, because our self-definition as a creative artist runs deep, to our core and absolutely cannot be shaken. It is that self-definition that makes us artists, that gives us the right to write, to paint, to compose, to sculpt, to act. Without it, there is no persistence. Without it, we are shaken by every little criticism, every rejection, every damning word that ever fell from the mouth of a frustrated creative, or a short-sighted publisher or a parent who never believed the arts worth studying."

I am currently reading Century's Son by Robert Boswell for the second time. I liked it when I read it in 2004, but I like it even better now.



Happy Sunday, all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment