Sunday 6 March 2011

Ode to Sunshine

Just wanted to write kind of a random post to say how refreshing it is to see some sunshine. The sun was out today and it was a happy sun. I hardly ventured outside today but when I did, well, it was worth it. The winter doldrums have gotten me consuming 300% of my daily Vitamin C requirement because it's just one letter off of Vitamin D, which comes from sunshine; I figure if I'm within a couple letters of the vitamin alphabet then I can't be doing too bad drinking a lot of orange juice and to be honest I'm a bit orange juiced out.

And so. The sun instantly brightened my mood, and just before it reminds me of having to start the lawnmower up again for another season of freshly cut grass, and the requisite allergies, it makes me think of spring time, which reminds me of this:





Flowers on the pergola at my better half's mom's house, May 2008



A stroll through Hexthorpe Park, Doncaster, May 2008


The daffodils are just coming up, and (to borrow from Bob Marley), three little birds pitch by my doorstep, singing sweet songs of melodies pure and true, saying, "This is my message to you-ou-ou," singing, "Don't worry 'bout a thing, 'cause every little thing is gonna be all right."

The sun is always out there shining somewhere, and that is a very, very good thing. And dear reader, if it's not shining on you now, I'm sure it will be soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment